January 28, 2012

TBR Intervention #12


It's TBR Intervention Challenge time! My favorite challenge ever! We get to organize our huge To Be Read piles and actually read those books we've been wanting to (or been supposed to) for the longest time! The challenge is hosted by April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray, and it's hosted every Saturday, though you're free to join every two weeks if that's more convenient for you. As always, do join us! Here's the rules:
1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers. 
And here's how I did this week:
  • Last week TBR IC: (partial) Success! 
 


I wanted to read Ripper and Promising Light this week, and I did finish Ripper. I loved it! The review will take a long while to come, because the book's pub D is April and I shouldn't post more than a month beforehand, but please look forward to it because it's absolutely gorgeous. 









  • This week TBR IC:
I didn't have time to get around to Promising Light, and this month is going to be a bit busy so I'll probably have to stick to one book a week for now - and I think I need to push Light back, because the tour is still a week off and I need to read and review The Shadow Seer, which has been in my TBR since... time immemorial, yeah. It's more than 600 pages, so I don't think I'll be able to get around to anything else!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you loved Ripped, I haven't heard about it. Good luck with Promising Light, for me is really difficult read long book.
    Anyway, Have a nice day and week!

    Lis @ Nox-Invictus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read your review on Ripped when you publish it. I hope you love Promising Light. I haven't read it...maybe sometime.

    I'm kind of with you on the Wither thing...I don't know if I'll like it or not but I'm trying to expand my reading range...lol! Good luck with this weeks challenge!

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Ripper does sound really good, I'll wait a little to read him, but it's definely on my wishlist.

    Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 600 pages! I am impressed. I think I need to tackle more books that long!

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/01/tbr-intervention-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm so late with my visit lol! Glad you finished Ripper.. I'm curious about your thoughts on that book... though I'm not sure if the book is for me as well...

    600-page book will surely make you busy... I don't remember the last time I read such a long book. I hope it will be worth your time. ENjoy the week Ron! =)

    Hugs, April

    ReplyDelete