January 14, 2012

TBR Intervention #10


It's TBR Intervention Challenge time! We get to organize our huge To Be Read piles and actually read those books we've been wanting to (or been supposed to) for the longest time! The challenge is hosted by April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray, and it's hosted every Saturday, though you're free to join every two weeks if that's more convenient for you. As always, do join us! Here's the rules:


1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers. 
And here's how I did this week:

  • Last week TBR IC: Success! 
*Dances a mad victory dance* Hah! I did it! Thanks to your support last week, guys, I faced the challenge with new energies and finished my appointed books! Thanks! I read this books:

Time of the Awakening: very good for a fantasy classic-style, really. It stays in the wavelength without falling into simplifications like many other universes out there. There's a review coming up the 24th and while it'll be a bit short - story's way too complex to go into details, and besides I'd rather not spoil this one - I'll explain more about what I liked and why it took me this long to finish the read.


Existence. I know a lot of you were excited about it... With good reason. At first I found it a bit cliché and had trouble rooting for the "right guy", but then... Well, check out my review here to know more about this one ;) 





  • Next week TBR IC: 

I'm going to go full tilt crazy into the oncoming week. Like, three books kind of crazy. I started one last night, so I'm not sure if that's cheating a bit, but here we go: 


            

I've started on The Lure of Shapinsay. All I can say is, "wow". Selkie book, by the way. More comments when I finish it. Katana is an ARC from Flux that I'm super excited about. I  love all things Japanese, so this tale of reincarnation and action and attracion should hook me right in. Beckoning Light is an indie I've had for a while and wanted to get to for the longest time. Book two will come out soon, so I thought this was the perfect excuse to finally dust it off my virtual shelves. 

That's it. What about your own week? How did it go? I look forward to hearing from you all!

13 comments:

  1. Oh I am glad you liked Existence! Now maybe I should read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods nods* Give it a try. If you like supernatural/paranormal YA, you'll definitely enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Yay for sticking to it! I read your review of Existence and now I totally want to read it! The Lure of Shapinsay looks good I hadn't heard of it before. *Now headed to Goodreads*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I'm super glad you liked how it sounds! Looking forward to your comments on it. On both of them, actually - I just saw you added The Lure too! :)

      Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ron =) Yay for two books! And More YAY for three books this week! =) Good luck and I hope you finish and enjoy all of them. I'm going to check your review on Existence, I'm so curious! Ok, I'm heading to your review now... (XOXO!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I finish them, too! They look great, but you know what happens with great-looking books sometimes. The Lure is turning out great for now, though! :)

      Delete
    2. Haha.. I know. Sometimes the book is so enticing and your expectation is super high but then you'll end up a little disappointed. I hate when that happens. Never judge a book by it's cover... really true! =)

      Delete
  4. I love the cover of Katana. I haven't heard of that one--but I need to look it up or wait for your review!

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Review will take a while - Flux doesn't want it out earlier than a month before pubD - but I'll let you know in general lines what I thought of Katana next week :)

      Delete
  5. I'm skipping the Existence review for now, but I will visit again once I've read it. :) So LURE... good wow or bad wow? and Katana looks exciting :) Good luck with all three this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Wow, definitely. There are some things that might make the reading slow for some people, but I loved it. Review coming up on two days, so stay tuned! :)

      Katana's going fine. There are a couple of things that bother me, but that might be because I'm such a Japan freak.

      Delete