January 22, 2012

In My Mailbox #18

Sunday! IMM Time! I love having all my new books in one place thanks to this meme - it helps me really take notice of how much I read... and how many books I buy!

This week, thankfully, was pretty quiet. Here's what I have:

  • Books I got because I couldn't help it

     

I've forever wanted to read The Ghost and the Goth. I really enjoy ghost stories, and I have a huuuuge soft spot for goth/emo/other black-wearing weird kids, so... I decided it was finally time to treat myself to this book. Hopefully I can get books one and two read and reviewed in time for the launching of book three! 

Rot & Ruin is a cover I fell in love with. I discovered it right on time with my blooming love for zombie books, so I knew I wanted to check it out. Just the other day I finally did, and read the first sentence before tossing it into my virtual shopping cart. Must read it! 

The last book of the week is one I've had on my "need to get around to this" list for ages. Finally, after watching te Book Trailer and getting some extra gentle prodding from Dani over at Refracted Light Reviews, I did click the "buy" button and so I got....


Cinder! Yay! I can't wait to read this one.

  • Audiobooks
I got a couple of audio this week too because I had available credits and I have signed up with April, from over at Books4Juliet, to participate in the Soul Screamers reading challenge... So I needed to get something to read and review!

       



So, that's it. Looking back, not so quiet a week, uh? What about you? What did you get? Tell me in the comments, please!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Ron, it's the first time that I'm seeing The Ghost and the Goth - and it looks pretty nice. I haven't tried listening to audio books yet (I suppose I'm more of a visual kind of person, so I'd prefer to read), but I heard that it could also be a great experience. I've also heard quite a bit about Rot & Ruin and Cinder's been in quite a number of mailboxes lately. Enjoy your great reads for the week!

    Here's our IMM over at GatheringBooks:
    http://wp.me/pDlzr-2SQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. njoy all
    the gost and the goth is still on my wishlist dang it
    imm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinder was amazing, you have got to read it ASAP. I will be publishing my review of it new week :)

    Happy reading
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Rot & Ruin this week too. I haven't read the Soul Screamers series yet, but it sounds great! Happy reading!

    My IMM
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know what, I'm jealous, especially of your Cinder. Anyway, enjoy!

    Don't forget to enter my Dragon's Oath Audiobook Giveaway
    Jez's Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo Cinder, so jealous! Enjoy!

    Here's my IMM: http://underthecovers-ja.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Mailbox! Hope you enjoy your new books! Cinder was really great. Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! I can't wait to read Cinder. Loved Ghost and Goth.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! I'm so excited for you to read Rot & Ruin and Cinder, but mostly R&R. Can't wait to hear what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard such good things about the Soul Screamers, but haven't gotten around to getting a copy yet. I also got Cinder this week and I'm so excited! Pretty jealous about Rot & Ruin too - I love zombies!

    Kelly
    In My Mailbox @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHHHHHHHHHHH Cinder is the BEST book EVER!!! Hope you love it :) And I NEED to pick up the Soul Screamers series asap lol!!! I need your reviews NOW!! Great haul!!! Enjoy :)

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Tempest and The Eternal One's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great haul! cant wait to read my Cinder.. Hope u enjoy this all Ron.. thanks for stopping by x

    ✿FICBOOKREVIEWS✿

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gravy, I love Rot and Ruin!!! Like if I was not married I would find some way to have its babies!!! Can't wait to see what you think of it:)Awesome week in books for you Ron.
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, there, Ron! I see you've been busy in your corner of the galaxy! Lol. You've got some great reads here! I'm especially interested in THE GHOST AND THE GOTH, as well as CINDER, but the Rachel Vincent books look good, too. I prefer these covers to the ones I've seen so far. I guess these are the UK versions, right? Well, I think they're much more beautiful than the US ones, if the ones I'm thinking about are indeed from the US.

    Hope you enjoy them all!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete