January 8, 2012

In My Mailbox #16






Time for an IMM! It's been ages, but now that the Christmas season is officially over (yes, here in Spain we're wired up till January the 6th, when we get a visit from the Three Wise Men loaded with gifts) I'm hopefully back in full force with this meme. If nothing else... it helps to keep track on what I got, and when I got it!

The truth is that I've already read some of these titles. But in any case, I thought it'd be nice to share everything I got lately that I didn't tell you about for one reason or another. As a way to start the year with a clean slate, so to speak. Ready to see what's new, then?


  • Books I won: 
These came from a giveaway hosted by Rebecca over at Bending the Spine. They were highly recommended and... boy, do I love them! I started book one, then got hooked and forgot all about my TBR until I finished book two. It's one of the best series I've read, I swear! My reviews will be up soon.

 


  • Books I got for review: 
Many thanks to Flux, Candlemar & Gleam, and author Kenya Wright for providing these titles! I'm super excited about all of them and can't wait to read them.

        

        




  • Books I got because I couldn't help it: 
Amber Frost comes recommended by Dani over at Refracted Light Reviews, so I'm super excited to give it a shot. And I wanted to read Existence for the longest time... I mean, look at the cover! And what book about falling in love with Death can be uninteresting?  And then I threw in the latest Drizzt book because I'm a sentimental about it. I'll probably get pissed at the characters and the fight scenes -again- but I never give up.

        


13 comments:

  1. amber frost is new 2 me
    adding on my wishlist
    tnx 4 commenting
    new folowr
    and ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think next week will be the test of my book buying ban!

    Love the covers of the Elizabeth Hunter books - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to pick up A Hidden Fire now. And Existence sounds so intriguing. Great haul this week!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite cover happens to be Fire Baptized but I am a bit of a closet pyro. I don't want to admit to how many times I have almost burned the house down around my ears. Luckily I am just as obsessed with always having a full bottle of water next me.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of Amber Frost, but I'm definitely going to check it out now. Sounds pretty interesting! Have a great week with all your new books!

    IMM at Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I really want to read Ripper, it looks really good.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting books you have this week. Hope you get to enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ron! You've got lots of great books! A friend of mine said that she really enjoyed Hidden Fire and she recommended it to me. I haven't read it yet and I'm excited to know what you think about it. Existence really looks good, and the cover reminds me of Obsidian (which I ordered but haven't got it yet). Good luck with those books! I hope they are as great as they look. Good luck to your ever-growing TBR as well =P XOXO!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ripper looks super awesome.

    Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mailbox! A lot of these titles are new to me, but I'll definitely have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ripper looks so good!

    stop by my IMM? I posted a vlog and a cute puppy picture :) http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/imm-6-books-full-of-awesome.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeeep!!!! I am so excited to hear you liked them! I can't wait for your review:) Ripper and Match Box Girls looks good. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete