January 29, 2012

In My Mailbox #19


IMM Time! So... Can someone please send me over the Bookish Police, to make sure I stop buying books? Pretty pretty please? *Sigh* Anyway! This is what I got this week:


  • Books I got for review: 

Sci-Fi, YA. It's been a loooong time since I dabbled in the genre, so I thought it was time. I guess you've probably not heard about this one... Well, this is the sentence that bought me: 

Flying saucers do not land in country parks. They are not piloted by Englishmen. They do not bear nameplates saying "HAWKER SIDDELEY AVIATION." And they are never, ever filled with smuggled catering packs of Monster Munch.

Cool or what? Many thanks to Dominic Green for supplying the copy for review!



  • Books I got because I couldn't help it (though I should have):


All that Bleeds is a book I discovered while hunting for January releases to offer in my YA giveaway hop and... Well. What could I argue against that cover? The blurb was very intriguing, too. Here's an excerpt - 

Alissa North is inspiration made flesh, so she should never have met Merrick, a deadly half-vampire enforcer, but when they do meet, the connection is instantaneous, and an illicit flirtation is born. He sends her secret gifts. She writes him secret letters.

Got your curiosity yet? 



  • Audiobooks: 




No introduction is needed, right? And that's it. What do you think? What did you get?

8 comments:

  1. Great books! I am glad to see that I am not the only one that hasnt read any of The Mortal Instruments books yet LOL

    Happy Reading!

    My IMM: http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2012/01/imm-25-my-first-imm-of-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. njoy all
    hav not read the TMI books jet
    imm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely no introductions needed for City of Bones. That book is beyond amazing. Even cooler is you have it on audiobook. Hope you love it!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love City of Bones! Hope you enjoy all of your books :]

    New To My Stash at Book Addict!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! TMI is simply amazing! Hope you enjoy your new books!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set! Yay City of Bones. Hope you love the series.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bookish police? Oh no, no, no... you will remain a book buying outlaw with me. lol.

    Ugh.. I haven't read COB yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you like City of Bones more than I did and I listened to it on audio book as well. Great haul though! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete