So, I've decided to take part into a couple of reading challenges for the upcoming year! This is the first of them, and it's all about reading your books in e-format. Since that's the way I get my books these days (I just buy the physical copies after I've read and loved the electronics, unless they're gifts!) I decided that this was made for me. The challenge is hosted by Workaday Reads this time, so head over to sign up if you'd like to (the above icon takes you straight to the challenge page). Meanwhile, and to help you decide, I'm going to give you the rules along with my commitment:
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
- Anyone can join, you don't need to be a blogger. If you don't have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
- Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the E-Book Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
There are several levels for you to join:
- Floppy disk - 5 ebooks
- CD - 10 ebooks
- DVD - 25 ebooks
- Memory stick - 50 ebooks
- Hard drive - 75 ebooks
- Server - 100 ebooks
- Human brain - 150 ebooks
I'm signing up for the Memory Stick level challenge!
That's 50 e-books during 2012. Wish me good luck! I will keep you posted with my monthly results.