Remember a couple days back, when I said "a couple" challenges? Well, this is the second: commit to reading a certain amount of YA books during 2012. Since Young Adult seems to have become my primary genre for review (weird, I always thought it'd be fantasy, but then I got to really reading and... it changed) this challenge should be easy. It's hosted over at The Electic Bookshelf, so feel free to join us! The image above gets you straight to the sing-up page, too. Here, I'll give you the rules to get your curiosity going:
- Anyone can join.
- You don't need a blog to participate.
- Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post on Jamie's blog.
- Audio, eBooks, paper, re-reads all count.
- No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
Easy, right? You can even pick a level, depending on how many books you think you'll be comfortable reading this year:
- The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
- The "Fun Size" YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.
- The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.
- The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.
Since by now it should be obvious that I don't take risks when it comes to winning, while I'm pretty sure I could go for the Mega size and actually get it done, I think I'm going to aim for
The Jumbo size YA Reading Challenge!
40 novels! It still is a lot, and it should be fun! Wish me luck, and join us in the reading craze!