February 25, 2012

TBR Intervention #15





It's TBR Intervention Challenge time! My favorite challenge ever! We get to organize our huge To Be Read piles and actually read those books we've been wanting to (or been supposed to) for the longest time! The challenge is hosted by April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray, and it's hosted every Saturday, though you're free to join every two weeks if that's more convenient for you. As always, do join us! Here's the rules:


1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers. 
And here's how I did this week:

  • Last week TBR: Success!

 


 I finished Finnikin of the Rock, and frankly, now I understand why everyone got so happy when I got it in my mailbox. It's a great read! I'd place it along the "classic fantasy", except that it isn't, not really. It's so human, so touching. It wasn't earth-shattering, but it's certainly among my faves in the genre now, and a great book to get started. My review to come *goes to check her calendar* February 28th. 





  • This week TBR: 

So, I've finally found the perfect free week to pick this up: 


Cinder! Yay! It's going to be a somewhat complicated week, so I don't think I'll have time to get into anything else. So, that's it. How about your own week? Did you read a lot? 

PS. Oh! I remember that a lot of you were interesteed in Katana when I had it for my TBR. The review came up this week, if you're interested and want to know what I liked and didn't like about it! This is the link

20 comments:

  1. Yay Ron! I'm so glad you'll read Cinder, I really want to read it!!
    (About my last TBRIC, La Estrella, is a dystopian book, and it's really nice, I think you have to try it!)
    Happy reading and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like, a third in and it's amazing! I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks about the Estrella comment, too!

      Delete
  2. Finnikin. I'm so excited to start this. Was looking at my calendar for March and I just hope I can squeeze it in. I may squeeze it in anyway. Sometimes you just need to read something for yourself despite the review books that pile up, you know? lol Am anxiously awaiting your review!

    Cinder. YAY, yay, yay!!! I can't wait to see what you think of this one... I'm pretty sure you're going to at least really like it. At least I hope so! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. If you only read for duty, it'll get cumbersome! So give yourself a treat now and then. Finnikin's a good way to start, I think!

      And yes: I'm squirming Cinder in the pile before Froi because of you! And so far, I'm so grateful for your "read Cinder" campaign! Loving it! :)

      Delete
  3. Cinder is just like the best book ever!!! I love it so much because it's so unique!!!! I hope you love it to :) I haven't heard much about Finnikin but it looks good!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard about Finnikin at all until I got Froi... then, everyone started saying it was such a cool book, so I had to try it... and yes, it was worth it!

      Cinder's turning out great, too!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read or heard of Finnikin...I might need to check it out. I keep wondering if I will like Cinder. I think I would...I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Can't wait to see what you think!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like Cinder, too. I'm not finished, so I can't say, but... yeah. Finnikin's very good, definitely my first rec if you want to step away from paranormal for a moment!

      Delete
  5. I am so jealous--Finnikin and then Cinder!! I have heard so many good things about both of these.

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssst! The good things? They deserve them! Great books, both of them. Loved Finnikin, Cinder's looking great for now.

      Delete
  6. I liked... wait, loved Half-Blood!

    Anyway, I'm glad you finished Finnikin of the Rock and found out what everyone was so excited about it. I confess I haven't read it myself yet. Maybe one of these days.

    I actually got Cinder a week ago and I'm almost afraid to read it. I'm never the dystopian type of person except when it's a movie. Ah, I can't explain it but I did read Wither and I enjoyed it.

    I hope you enjoy Cinder. I can't wait to read what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved Half-Blood!

      I think you should read Cinder. I'm not into dystopian at all, either, but somehow Cinder doesn't have that feeling to it. I don't remember if you've read Dearly, Departed... it's more that kind of "dystopian", instead of the more classic Hunger Games or Divergent or stuff. It's more about the characters, less about how the world has gone to heck. I'm loving it, and I'm only one third in!

      Delete
  7. Hi ROn! Hope you enjoy Cinder, I heard its really good, though I havent gotten around it yet, hopefully soon. :) Have a great day xo

    LALAINE'S FICBOOKREVIEWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving it so far, Lalaine! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. Hey, Ron! Thanks for commenting on my recent review of "Forsaken"! I'm so happy that you're adding it to your TBR pile!! And thanks for being such a supportive fellow blogger, too!! You always leave such wonderful comments on my blog!

    I've heard of "Finnikin of the Rock", and that it's supposed to be really good, but haven't read it yet. Now that you're recommending it, I really feel I must add it to my TBR! Thanks!!

    As for "Cinder", I've heard of that one, too. I'm really looking forward to your assessment of it. Hope you like it!!

    Have a GREAT week!! : )

    Mari @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria!

      Love dropping by your blog, you know that! I really enjoy your content and thoughtful reviews.

      Yes, I think you should grab a copy of Finnikin! The review's coming up soon, so I won't go into details now, but yeah. It's that good!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  9. You probably didn't expect me to visit today :) I'm glad to finally be able to hop through some blogs...

    Anyway, I saw Cinder on your TBRIC... hmm, I just spotted it yesterday at the bookstore but it was on top of a high shelf and I was tired to reach it or call someone to get it for me, silly me, I know. Good luck with Cinder, Ron. I heard it's good and I hope to get a copy some time in the future. I'm not planning on buying some books in the next couple of days or weeks (I hope I can resist not to) because I still have more books on my shelf right now. Oh well, but there's no such thing as too many books, so I've heard :)

    Good luck with your TBR this week and I hope you'll enjoy it. =) Sorry for too much blabbing :P

    Lovelots,
    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April!!!! Hehe... Glad to have you dropping by any day of the week!

      I don't think I'd have picked up Cinder if Dani hadn't been so insistent about how good it was. Now, even though I usually don't like dystopia, I'm loving it! Thoroughly hooked. So yeah, you need to grab it someday. When your self-imposed book-buying-ban is over *laughs*

      Miss you lots!

      Ron

      Delete
  10. I am so excited to read your review of Cinder!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bringing it along as soon as I can! It'd been a long time since a book made me feel such ire, by the way. In a good fashion, though. Aahh, well, I guess you'll have to see! :)

      Delete