September 16, 2011

Follow Friday #2





Follow Friday time! Gotta love this weekly random bookish questions. Heck, I'd like them even if they were not bookish! I like to just go on a roll sometimes. But, if the topic weren't books, I probably would be unable to answer half the time so.... Anyway! This week the question is.....


Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

 

My first choice would be Iron Fey and the Nevernever, because I'm enamoured of those books and, while the place is crawling with nasties and before you realize it you might be tricked into bargaining your soul away, it still has the kind of quality of a powerful dream: everything is magical and possible.

 

Then, I think I would really like to be in Harry Potter. This is probably the worst chiché ever, I know, but there's something strangely appealing about living in the dank basement of a castle and getting anything you want with the flicker of a wooden stick. Because, of course, I'd be Slytherin! 

 

I know that if I want castles, I should be rooting for some good old medieval fantasy, but my survival abilities are just not up to par in a sword-waving environment. 

 

Not that I'd expect to survive much longer in the other worlds, but... 

 

What about you? 

5 comments:

  1. Iron Fey is a very popular answer this week. Medieval fantasy would be fun too though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower!
    For sure, Harry Potter would be a cool world to live in :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked Harry Potter as one of my answers too along with the BDB world. I just want Zsadist, you can have the rest-well maybe not Rhage or Qhuinn and Blay...I think that's it. =)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    New follower
    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be in Gryffindor.
    This reminds me I didn't get my pottermore e-mail.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't ever read the Iron Fey series yet, but I will eventually. I loved Harry Potter's world too, that's one of them I'd have gone with. I wouldn't want to be Slytherin though.. I think I'd probably end up as a Ravenclaw.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    APril @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete