August 5, 2011

Random Q&A #5: What do you watch?

I don't much enjoy watching television or films, but there are a few exceptions: The film version of Dune and of The Lord of the Rings, for example, and, why not, I'll even confess to having collector's edition of Sense and Sensibility (and of Pride and Prejudice).

Also, there are a number of interesting series out there, like Rome and, of course, Game of Thrones (both HBO products), Ninkyo Helper (a Japanese series about Yakuza where issues about society's behavior towards our elders are addressed), Alf back in the days and some others.

Mostly, though, when in front of the screen I care about entertainment and leave the deep thinking for some other time...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see P&P and Sense & Sensibility on here. May as well grab 'Emma' with Romola Garai! Loved this one, too!
    We have a tv only for watching DVDs and playing games...no cable. Watched 'West Wing' series (all SEVEN) twice, gotta love Star Trek... and now running through M*A*S*H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kate!

    Good advice, the Emma movie. I'll be sure to check it out!

    I understand the need to have a gaming TV, myself ;) No-one seems willing to share the big, flat screen on the living room with my PlayStation... You're lucky!

    ReplyDelete