November 20, 2012

Review: Timeless, by Michelle Madow



Author: Michelle Madow
Title:  Timeless
Series: Transcend Time Saga (#3)
ISBN: 9780615692937
Publisher: Dreamscape Publishing (November 20th 2012)
Disclaimer: Copy received for review

Buy your copy: Amazon's Author Page

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"IT'S A RACE AGAINST TIME.

In Remembrance, Lizzie and Drew changed the course of fate so they could be together.

In Vengeance, Chelsea set fate back on its original, deadly path.

Now, strange things keep happening to Lizzie. Things that are omens of darkness to come. A curse has doomed her to die an early death, just as she did in her past life. To make things worse, even if she can figure out who cast the curse, it's irreversible. There's only one option left for her to save herself. It's crazier than anything she's heard yet, and to do it, she'll need Drew and Chelsea's help.

Because to make things right, they must go back to when it all began"
GoodReads’ blurb


What do you mean, it’s over? That’s a joke, right? I wanted more!!
 
Ahem. Okay. So, on to actual reviewing.  

I’m not sure what I expected to find in Timeless, but I know that after having read it I have this bittersweet feeling. On the one hand, I loved how it all worked out together. The scary details at first, the clues pointing to Chelsea, the way she reacted to the accusation, the truth of what happened in the past... All that was just the way I hoped it’d be and better.

However, I wanted to spend more time with Lizzie and Drew. Which I realize it’s entirely selfish of me, but there you are: I wanted this book to be longer. I wanted the trials to be more difficult (call me a little bit of a sadist in these fights for love...) and I missed a little bit more of suffering (especially on Chelsea’s part... she gets off too easily!) I also wanted to see what the fallout of Vengeance was—the stakes of the witch, they consequences of thwarting her plans...

It was a really good story, and I wanted a few more pages!

If you’ve read and enjoyed the Transcend Time Saga up to now, like I have, you’re also going to love the surprises Timeless has up its sleeve. The characters are back with all their chemistry and charisma, and the twist Michelle Madow pulls on us when we arrive at the past was really unexpected!

All in all, a great closure to the series. If only it had been a little bit longer and expounded a bit more on, I don’t know, Drew’s hotness... *laughs* No, seriously, this is a really entertaining read—I went through it in one sitting!—and I think you’ll enjoy it if you’re a fan. If you aren’t yet, Remembrance itself is the best bait I can offer... as I said when I reviewed it back in this post.

6 comments:

  1. This is one of those times when you make me realize that I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read something. Case in point: Soul Screamers.
    I have book ADD, and it's not often that a book or especially a series leaves me wanting more, and I'm curious to find out what made you feel that way.
    I've heard nothing but praise for this one. It's time for me to read it already.
    Thank you for pushing me in the right direction, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really enjoy the first book, Maja. Not so sure about the follow-up, but the first one has a neat ending so I'd give it a try!

      Delete
  2. I have the 1st book, but as you can guess... I haven't read it. :-\ It's good to know the series is good, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but really, first book was my favorite. Vengeance was great too, and this one was good... only too fast, you know? But since you already have the first book, be sure to read it! :)

      Delete
  3. Remembrance has been in my to-read for a long time now and hearing such great things about a series as whole surely makes me want to read it!

    Great review, Ron.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    P.S. Check out my Blogoversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Yup, Remembrance was great! Plus, the cover's just too pretty :)

      Delete